MG2 is looking for?talented Senior Project Accountant?to join our Seattle, WA office!
Guided by our vision to create transformative experiences, MG2 has been delivering award-winning projects for over 48 years. We partner with companies around the world to provide emotive design solutions through full architectural, strategic planning, interior design, brand strategy, and program consulting services. At MG2 our greatest strength lies in our partnerships with our clients and our commitment to helping them succeed. We seek world-class talent to deliver integrated, tailored solutions that advance our clients’ enterprise and provide our staff with outstanding career growth experiences that elevate these opportunities.?
For three consecutive years, including 2019, MG2 has been recognized as one of the best 100 companies to work for by Business Magazine. At MG2, you will work together with industry leaders, passionate teams, and dynamic clients to build successful projects, shaping environments that foster memorable experiences. MG2 pursues clients who share an authentic set of values, strengthening our sense of purpose, promoting team coherence, and elevating productivity for MG2 and the communities we serve. Built on?Trust, Passion, Creativity, and?Confidence,?MG2 delivers performance-driven?Results.?
We care about communities and devote resources to helping them thrive. At MG2 we know that it is our differences that make us stronger. We embrace diversity, welcoming talent from every walk of life. The more diverse our perspectives, the more innovative our design solutions.?
- Works collaboratively with the Project Accounting team, as a resource providing accurate data, answering questions, in order to help find the best solutions to issues, all the while supporting the overall goals of MG2 accounting
- Responds quickly and attentively to the requests of the Principals and Project Managers related to project phasing, contracts, billings, and reporting
- Proactively seeks improvement to the efficiency and effectiveness of workflows
- Educates and supports the Architectural staff in their financial understanding of project performance
- Provides strategic direction and guidance at the weekly/monthly account review meetings
- Ensures data integrity of accounting system
- Reviews Owner contracts and Consultant agreements to understand project scope and requirements, to set up projects according to best practices and procedures in accounting system
- Ensures the integrity of the project contract through approved scope changes
- Sets up and maintains Consultant contracts in accounting system
- Coordinates with Accounts Payable on all Consultant invoicing and expenses, including coding of invoices
- Prepares Client invoices during the monthly billing cycle, including verifying the accuracy of invoice information, including fee type, coding and allocations
- Reviews and analyzes financial data of MG2 Market/Studio/Project reports on budget variances
- Researches and reconciles cost accounting discrepancies in projects
- Works with Principals/Project Managers to resolve Client aged AR
- Researches and provides data/reports for special financial projects
- Performs Project Accountant duties with contextual understanding as to how these activities integrate with financial performance and reporting
- Minimum 5-6 years of project accounting and billing experience, preferably in the AEC industry
- Experience with Deltek ERP required
- Knowledge of Chrome River accounting software preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, or equivalent experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Full comprehension of project cost accounting
- Detail oriented with high accuracy
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines